Reading Frenzy

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A to Z Challenge

It's been a challenge just to come up with this list. Some of these are from my book club, some are in my tbr stack, and some I'll just have to get hold of. Looks like I have a great block of time to read next week (picture me, sitting the deck of my room at the Good View in Guandong, China, sipping whatever they sip over there). I'll take A, D, F, L, R and S -- and maybe a few more if I can find them in paperback in the next couple of days. I do reserve the right to amend these titles.

Alternatives to Sex - Stephen McCauley
Bonesetter's Daughter - Amy Tan
Confessions of a Memory Eater - Pagan Kennedy
Doctor's Wife - Elizabeth Brundage
Eat the Document - Dana Spiotta
Fried Eggs with Chopsticks - Polly Evans (1/22/07)
Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls
Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Intuition - Allegra Goodman
Juniper Tree Burning - Goldberry Long
Kommandant's Girl - Pam Jenoff
Lisey's Story - Stephen King
Mohawk - Richard Russo
Nowhere City - Alison Lurie
Obsession - Jonathan Kellerman
Piece of Cake - Cupcake Brown - 1/28/07
Quartet in Autumn - Barbara Pym
Rain Line - Anne Whitney Pierce - 1/25/07
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See
Thirteen Moons - Charles Frazier
Undead and Unwed - MaryJanice Davidson
Vanished - Mary McGarry Moris
Worst Hard Time - Timothy Egan
XXX - Wendy McElroy
You Suck - Christopher Moore
Zoia's Gold - Philip Sington

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger ~ nellenelle said...

A reading frenzy sighting!

I take it you are vacationing, sorta... enjoy!

I'm reading The Expected One, another of Those stories, but I'm enjoying it. A bit different than The Well of Loneliness, which absolutely floored me and barely let me up for air.

Lots of pics and stories!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Right now I'm in the frenzy of getting ready to vacation...but am excited to be finally seeing Hong Kong and China.

I haven't read either of the books you mentioned, and both sound enticing!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous sassymonkey said...

Ohhh Katie - I didn't know you were doing this too. Fun!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Kate: Came across your fine site quite by accident and enjoyed it. Given your interests and locale, you and your readers might be interested in the blog post at Britannica on haunted libraries in your area and other states, written by a fine editor at the ALA:

http://blogs.britannica.com/blog/main/2007/09/haunted-libraries-in-the-us-alabama-dc/

In fact, their whole book category might interest you; there's an interesting series on "Guilty Pleasure Books." All the best....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home