Reading Frenzy

Thursday, December 08, 2005

A quirky meme

Drats, I usually resist doing these things but Denise made a big issue so here it is. If you read these, you can see I'm NOT quirky at all, unlike Denise who take butt shots and Adrienne who smells books (do you think she can tell a book by its smell?)

1. Thank heavens there aren't many sidewalks around here. When I walk down a sidewalk with grids my mind starts chanting the hopscotch pattern: One Two Three Fourfive Six Seveneight Nine--over and over.

2. When I was a kid, about five years old, I could name every single vehicle on the road, make, model and year. My uncle used to take me out riding just so I could amaze him.

3. I have a geographic tongue. I can't eat more than a little bit of tomatoes or strawberries without it swelling. I've tried to use it all my life as an excuse as to why I don't like green veggies but no one ever buys that.

4. Bedtime: the closet doors must be closed and the window next my side of the bed must be open, even if it's just a crack. Who knows what's hiding in the closet--I certainly don't want anything peering out at us, and I need the fresh air or the room is claustrophobic.

5. When I read a scary book, I peek at the back page to see the names of the characters still there. I don't read the whole page, I just don't want to get attached to someone who's going to die on me halfway through
.


Okay, I'm going to tag Shelly, Em, TW (a backatcha since she loves posting stuff like this), Beth (no blog but feel free to post here) and Rayeellen since it doesn't look like D found her.

6 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Okay. Done.

BTW, do you realize you have 2 links to me in your sidebar?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Denise said...

hey I did find rayeellen, or I thought I did... heck maybe I didn't. Who knows.

I'm amused at you reading the back page so as not to get attached. Now that is funny as all heck!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Roye said...

http://sayyou-sayme.blogspot.com/2005/12/quirky-meme-too.html

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger ~ nellenelle said...

har, I tried like hell to be hidden, but damn if she didn't find me! just kidding, ms denise. i answered the questions, but my quirks give a clue why I don't go out a tagging.

Close a closet door? Wasssat? ;-)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous adrienne said...

Lovely quirks. And just for the record, I can't tell a book by it's smell but I can often recognize publishers by smell. It's an illness.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Emsxiety said...

Aww I like the book idea. I can't do it because Stephen King told me it's cheating lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home