Reading Frenzy

Monday, December 05, 2005

All in the Family

BREAKFAST WITH TIFFANY by Edwin John Wintle

All parents should have an Uncle Ed to turn to when our kids hit the teen years and the going gets rough.

Tiffany is having a tough time living in a blue collar Connecticut town--she and her mom are clashing big time and mom is one step away from installing her in a home for troubled teens when Uncle Ed comes to the rescue. Edwin, a gay 40-year-old man living in Greenwich Village, has a full life in the city. He lovingly and anxiously takes in his favorite niece, enveloping her in his life and gamely dealing with all the pitfalls that come with a precocious and talented teen--problems with school and friends, drinking, drugs and general teenage malaise.

This is a touching memoir--makes me glad my daughter is past this age--and my son just about.....Can't wait for the movie!

2 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger ~ nellenelle said...

Sounds like a really kewl story... remind me to refer to yer blog before I go to B & N again!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Denise said...

This is going to be a movie???? Hmmmm ok now I can't wait for the movie and I haven't read the book yet!

Consider yourself tagged for a meme - you can find the instructions on my book blog. Get to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home